Description ACETIC ACID (SYNTHETIC) (GOST 19814-74)
Acetic acid - CH3COOH - is a colorless, highly inflammable liquid with strong vinegar odour.
Acetic acid is used for producing salts and esters, acetylchloride, monochloroacetic acid, medicine, dyes, insecticides, in light industry and for many other purposes.
Transportation: r/w tankcars fabricated from stainless steel, grade 12X18H10T or 10X17H13M2T, with top drain. Guaranteed storage life - 12 months from production date.
Description Grade standard
1. Appearance and colour - Colorless, clear liquid without mechanical impurities
2. Solubility in water - Fully soluble, solution is clear
3. Mass portion of acetic acid, %, not less than 99,5
4. Mass portion of acetic aldehyde, %, not more than 0,004
5. Mass portion of formic acid, %, not more than 0,05
6. Sulfate (SO4), %, not more than 0,0003
7. Chloride (Cl) mass portion, %, not more than 0,0004
8. Heavy metals mass portion precipitable with hydrogen sulfide (Pb), %, not more than 0,0004
9. Mass portion of iron (Fe), %, not more than 0,0004
10. Nonvolatile residue mass portion, %, not more than 0,004
11. Stability of potassium permanganate solution colour, min, not less than 60
12. Mass portion of the substances oxidized by potassium bichromate, cm3 of sodium thiosulfate solution of concentration with (Na2S2O3*5H2O) = 0,1 mol/dm3 (0,1H), not more than